Our Emerging Artists Choreographic Festival is one of the major parts that sets us apart from other conventions and competitions. The choreographic festival is about more than the dancers on stage, but rather provides the opportunity for new and young choreographers to showcase their artistry, technique, movement, and vision.
This is ideal for pre-professionals, working professionals, and student choreographers that are always searching for a creative outlet to express their point of view and does not require performers to attend the convention, as we understand artist are all under different constraints. Selected faculty will personally adjudicate festival entries by giving feedback, critiques, suggestions, and support for each entry submitted. Entries to the EACF are not based off a point system, rather our industry professionals will deliberate after all performances and choose the top winners from each location.
Winners at each event will receive a plaque and exclusive interview with Dance Informa. All festival winners from each location will have their videos sent to Peridance, where they will select one overall winner that will come and perform their piece at the Peridance Gala in NYC. BellaMoxi will award this overall winner a $500 cash prize to go towards travel to NYC for the performance! There are no boundaries here—- let us see and feel your inner artist.
Please submit your work by Youtube/Vimeo link if submitting online (at the form below). Each group or individual may submit up to two pieces for consideration; however, the TOTAL performance time limit for each group will be 15 minutes. BellaMoxi’s acceptance of pieces is limited and we are searching for the highest level of performance, innovation, artistry, and technique for our festival event. The application process is very competitive and we ask that all applicants submit early and meet all eligibility requirements. Performers are required to attend convention, and pricing information is below.
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT FOR ADJUDICATION
The deadlines for each event are as follows:
- Bowling Green, KY—December 24, 2018
- Charlotte, NC—January 1, 2019
- Chicago, IL—January 8, 2019
- Philadelphia, PA — January 17, 2019
- Dallas, TX—February 23, 2019
- Orlando, FL — February 29, 2019
- Phoenix, AZ—March 12, 2019
- Los Angeles, CA—March 24, 2019
Selected groups/performers will be notified of the technical options that are available, and will receive program information instructions.
Festival Eligibility Requirements
- All performing groups and individuals MUST be registered for the Convention TWO (2) WEEKS prior to the day of the event or the piece is disqualified.
- A $50 adjudication fee and the online form must be submitted with EACH piece.
- The $50 adjudication fees will go towards your performers fees.
- Each group or individual may submit up to two works for adjudication.
- All performers must fall within the age requirements — Pre-Professional students (ages 12-high school), College dancers, or Professional dancers. All performers must be registered for the proper age division of the festival.
- The total time allotted for each group must not exceed 15 minutes.
- All groups/individuals accepted to perform will be required to submit program information.
- Minimal production and lighting cues will be available due to the venue.
- BellaMoxi reserves the rights to video and photograph throughout the festival for promotional purposes.
- As a professional courtesy to peers, BellaMoxi asks that all performers, guests, and audience members stay for the duration of the Festival.
- At acceptance, all performers will be asked to complete the Festival acceptance process by paying an additional price per performer, per piece. This fee needs to be paid online through our registration when registering for convention. Solos are $100, Duos/Trios are $50 per performance, and small group, large group, line, and production pieces are $40 per performer.
- BellaMoxi wants to remind all submitting performers and choreographers that the EACF is a family event and we ask that all works take into account the audience that will be present.
- No video or photography allowed during the performance.